Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Espanola Highway

During these times, it helps to see a smiling face - or hear a pleasant thought.

Here's mine for the day.

Countless times for many, many years, I've driven the road between Espanola and Taos.

It was once US 64, but that nomenclature left in the late 60's.  Locals call it the Taos Highway. The map says it's North Riverside Drive.

Back in the olden days, when one headed south from Taos to Santa Fe, we would drive by a garage that encouraged us to stop, or wave.

It's still there.  I think the building and the sign have been refurbished in recent years.

The picture of Sena's Auto was lifted from Google Streetview.

"If you can't stop, wave as you go by"

Often times, I waved.  I never stopped.


Next time you're in the neighborhood, if you can't stop - wave as you go by.

I will!

I might even stop and say hi!



No comments: