Friday, January 17, 2014

Lobo Basketball Woes

OK..being a basketball coach (or a player) is something about which I know nothing.

Having an opinion - that's different.

So, what's the deal with the UNM Lobos this year?

In my opinion...The coach needs to step up, forget that he's "Noodles" and remind himself every minute of the day, "I'm the coach, I'm the guy these young men are depending on to get them to bigger and better things."  

Coach needs to forget "being one of the guys" ... add a lot of swagger to his step...like this guy did:



And while he's at it, Coach needs to land a swift kick in the pants to the big guys who should be taking down every defensive rebound.

And the team, listen to this, from a guy who knows something about coaching.  Coach K says:

A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That's how I want you to play.



No comments: