Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dale Robertson Albuquerque Connection


Dale Robertson
(1923 - 2013)

Back in 1972 Dale Robertson and Jimmy Durante were co-hosts for a
the Rio Rancho Classic, a golf tournament organized and promoted by the folks 
developing Rio Rancho.

I recently found a couple of photos of our team from that tournament.
(The celebrities and pros changed each day)



And, yes, that's Lee Majors, the $6,000,000 man.

Hiding in the bushes during the round was his girlfriend at the time,
Farrah Fawcett. They later married.

Our team won 2nd place overall.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I recently found a putter that's stamped on the bottom Jimmy Durante Dale Robertson Rio Rancho classic! It was in a band at a second hand sporting goods store. Do you know whether or not they gave these putters out to all the contestants? I've lived in the area since 1973 so I was happy to find it and preserve some history. The golf course has been closed for several years and it's now just vacant property full Of Weeds unfortunately

Unknown said...

I would be interested any in any information that you may have oh, my email address is Dave.Dent@comcast.net