Thursday, October 9, 2014

TV News Throwback Thursday

One gets a closet full of stories coming out of spending countless hours in New Mexico’s legislative-executive building either covering the news or attempting to persuade politicians to cast a vote in favor of “the little people.” 

Here’s my TV News throwback story for this Thursday.

The TV camera had been all set up to film an interview with a legislator.  I won’t name the lawmaker because he’s still serving.

The legislator came into the interview room and quickly took his a seat in front of a typewriter.

This is a typewriter:
  

The reporter (not me, and who I won’t identify because he’s still reporting) started  the camera.

Reporter :           Senator, thank you for joining me today for this interview.

Senator:              It’s been a long time since I’ve been on TV.

Reporter:            Regarding the bill up for discussion, will you support it?

Senator:              I have no comment at this time!

At which time the senator pushed away from the desk and left.


I swear to The Almighty it happened!

No comments: