Monday, March 16, 2015

Las Vegas Unbound

After spending a few days in the glory that is the glitz and “glamour” of Las Vegas, these observations:

Bugsy Siegel, the mobster who built the Flamingo Hotel, died in 1947.  Well, not!  He's alive and well.   Here's proof:






The drive back was longer than usual.  It took more than an hour to get through Boulder City (I think it’s a ploy to get people to stop and do business with the locals).   Then on the new highway from Hoover Dam’s bridge to Kingman…this…another hour delay.  A Photo essay.












I don’t know the fate of the driver.  I do know that along the way, I saw another 18-wheeler crunched up along I-40, and approaching Flagstaff a pickup towing a recreational boat scrunched up along the embankment.   

It’s good to get home. 

2 comments:

New Mexican said...

Loaded with winnings I would guess?

Jim Baca said...

good to get home alive!