Saturday, January 9, 2016

Lottery Winnings

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what steps should be taken when the $1,000,000,000 Powerball numbers match mine.  

Without regard to legal and tax problems that will come with such a windfall, I’m sure there is a way I could do the following within the first year of receiving payment.

Of course we would not be working for anyone other than our foundations, and we could tell the TV camera that showed up at our front door, “The following people can kick our butts" ...  

Now, I don’t know how much these things cost, but I do know there would be enough to go around and do the following:

$1 million will be given, one time, to family members.  I’d hold back a million for just-in-case I missed someone.   That’s it for family distribution.

Form a transportation foundation to own and operate the Falcon Jet, the Prevost motor home, the yacht, and the vehicles and other transportation services (like drivers) that will be kept at the various residential locations.

Form a real estate investment foundation to own and manage a multiple personal and foundation properties in Rancho Santa Fe, Montana, Punta Mita, New York City, Paris and Albuquerque.  I would also buy back the property and residence where I grew up in Taos and have it restored to “the way it was.”  

The real estate trust would also own a golf course/country club, which would be operated as a private club – open only to invited guests and 3 charitable events a year.

Charitable giving, on an annual basis, would include $1,000,000 each year to 5 local charities, and the plane would be made available for special transportation needs (like for the zoo).


What to do with the rest?

4 comments:

Dirty said...

Don't forget about your long lost cousin Joe!

New Mexican said...

Don't forget me either, I think we are also related.

Rodger Beimer said...

I won't forget either of you...but on this Throwback Thursday...Powerball is forgotten! Wait 'til next time...

Karly said...

well, you lost.....